Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Cosplay is love.



Samhain 2006 is almost in the history books in this time zone. We got a grand total of four costumed kids, all in one trick-or-treating party, who knocked on our door. I was feeling under the weather (still am) so I didn't indulge in any Halloween funstuff. I attended one party this year, but it was on Saturday the 28th at Woodbury. I wore the Jedi Habit and actually didn't look half bad. However, Woodbury has a fashion design program, and some of the costumes were pretty damn cool. The two best were Queen Elizabeth I (not historically accurate but really, really neat looking) and Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas. Between those two I hadn't a prayer. We bailed early.

Between school work and getting one last piece of the Jedi Habit together I have been sort of taking it easy but not entirely. I will actually have a real live Inner Tunic in time for my first two events with Sunrider Base, Rebel Legion. One of these events is open to the public: Cinemax is throwing a "Do you have what it takes to be a Jedi" event at the 3rd St. Promenade in Santa Monica on Saturday, November 4th. 10am to 5pm. One day before my birthday. w00t. I get to do Halloween both early and late this year.